Velmed 7100 Stopper Foot Corner Shield for surgical tray medical surgical LOT of 4
When the Stopper Care System is used on a surgical tray the surgical tray is completely elevated off the surgical wrapping. The weight of the tray is totally transferred on to the Edge Protector and Stopper®Corner Shield, allowing for complete circulation of the sterilant and better air circulation for faster drying times. In Steam Sterilization, this elevation also allows easier sliding of the trays since the weight of the tray is not sitting on top of the surgical wrappings. Since most of the instrumentation weight inside of the heavy surgical tray is concentrated in the middle, the tray tends to bow somewhat in the center of the tray. This concentrated weight sits on the sterile wrapping and upon moving the tray (sliding) or pulling off a wire racked shelf (storage) the weight of the heavy tray could cause rips, holes and tears, especially in the underside of the wrapped surgical tray.
- Provides complete surgical tray protection from holes, rips, and tears.
- Elevates the complete tray away from the blue wrap for sliding of the tray and helps eliminate holes, rips, and tears on the bottom.
- Helps prevent holes, rips, and tears along the horizontal edges of heavy, sharp surgical trays
- Elevation allows for better drying time and sterilant dispersion
- Can be used with round corner trays
- Does not retain moisture
- Can be used in Steam, Eto, and Plasma (Sterrad) Sterilization
- Edge protectors can be cut to size to fit any size surgical tray
- Low cost, Multi-use, Reposable products